Saturday, 2 August 2014

The Lovable game

Hi, bloggers

The name is Karabelo Molapisi, I am a student at the University of Johannesburg completing my second year in Public Relations and Communications. It's sad that I am a freshman with blogging. I do hope that you find my first blog interesting and feel free to help and correct me.

The game that unifies 

Football is said to be the game that unifies the entire world,not just the country. People save months even years in advance to travel to the different host countries,with all that money the first thing I think of is clothes and shoes. That would take a lot of        
determination from a fashion lover such as myself. 

A little background check,the world cup was hosted by the country well known for the Samba and the ladies;Brazil. The tournament began on the 12th of June and proceeded until the 13th of July which in my point would have been a great holiday. There were 32 countries that qualified and made it through to the tournament, excluding South Africa oops... 

I then went on and analysed the marketing and the Public Relations dance for the world cup and realised that every brand, PlayStation also released a game of the world,every company as well as television stations started changing their appearances,songs even the channels started accommodating the football spirit,such as the likes of  Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network started their own "cartoonito" world cup, I thought this was very cute and different. A few of these brands and companies started endorsing specific football  superstars to promote their products, the likes of Neymar,Luiz Suarez and Messi, just to name a few. Coca-cola also had the "share a coke campaign" it also had the adopt a country campaign during the World Cup,just to add that buzz and the World cup fever. I would love to throw my two cents into this and mention that Neymars'(Beats by Dre:The game before the game) is by far my favourite world cup advertisement. I will upload the video and share my love. 


The usage of Twitter and Facebook during the world cup was on fire. Social media was at its peak during that month, but those where not the only platforms that where used. Every time I logged on to my Twitter or Facebook accounts, the posts and the tweets would always make me change my channels from Fashion TV to Supersport,powerful stuff right? I personally think that world cup had amazing media and PR coverage,somehow it was not too much in your face,but you still knew about it. Sadly I have to end my chit-chatter, I will put up a couple of links and photos just for show, well because I love you.


                                                   

6 comments:

Siyamthanda Phillip said...

Brazil let me down . From the opening ceremony to the closing. I wasn't impressed you know after the SA World Cup I believed Brazil would pull the best festivities .

Richmond Sajini said...

I am like Rick Ross to the wind when it comes to sport. Simply unmoved and unbothered.

Unknown said...

Brazil was a let down. We all know Brazil as the country of festivities, I mean they famous for the SAMBA world wide. The entire world knows Brazil because of its popular festivities. The day that they had prove themselves they let us all down. Though when we look at how the World Cup was marketed or promoted, it was a fairly good job.

Unknown said...

You just made me laugh Richmond. We all have our different things that we like and are interested about.

Unknown said...

Many brands are beginning to notice the gold behind the game. This was evident in the use of social media and reinvention of brands as you mentioned. I didn’t really follow the matches as much so I can’t really say much about that aspect.

Unknown said...

I just love the way that brands are taking advantage of the World cup lately. Adds a whole lot of buzz and honestly doesn't make it extremely boring for the 'non football overs.'(lol) Catering for all I guess Nthabiseng.